This year's tutorial will cover CTDB. In one day you will see how to set up GlusterFS with two nodes as an active-active cluster.
After setting up the Gluster cluster comes the main part of this year's tutorial: Setting up CTDB on two nodes. We will take a look at the new way of configuring CTDB since version 4.9 of Samba the CTDB configuration changed a lot.
Here are the topics of the one day tutorial:
- Setting up a Gluster replicated volume with two nodes
- Activating the new Samba settings in Gluster
- See how you can mount the Gluster volume into a Samba CTDB file server
- Joining the cluster into a Samba4 domain
- Looking at the log-files
- See how CTDB is managing the failover
At the end of the day you will have a CTDB cluster with GlusterFS as the storage. You will be able to replace or add a node from the CTDB cluster. We will not take a closer look at GlusterFS, we will just use it for the CTDB-cluster.